Дедлаин: 1 октября 2011
PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE отмечает свое пятилетие. По данному случаю будет издана книга с биографиями и работами фотографов/ фотохудожников которые представят свои работы на тему "My Own Wilderness" (что можно перевести как "Моя пустыня" или "Моя личная дикая местность"). Каждому выбранному будет подарен экземпляр книги. Авторы могут подать по 5 изображений. Участие бесплатное.
PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE is pleased to announce its first juried photography competition as part of the fifth anniversary of the blog this coming November. PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE was started in November 2006, and to celebrate its fifth birthday is making an international call for work seeking photography related to the theme My Own Wilderness.
About the theme:
Wilderness has many meanings in this shrinking world we live in. The traditional definition is "an area of earth untrammeled by man, where man himself is a visitor who does not remain." Where there once were immense regions on the planet that could be defined in this way, today there are fewer and fewer places 'untrammeled by man'. But wilderness can also be more than a place. It can be a state of mind, a condition of loneliness, an economic or political status. It can exist within the most populated cities as a personal space created by the individual. How do you define wilderness?
I am inviting photographers to submit up to five images that illustrate a response to the meaning of My Own Wilderness. The best images will be presented on November 1st on PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE as an online exhibition and will also be published in a photobook. The top five photographers will receive a free copy of the book. The photobook will be published by Blurb in early 2012, and will include a bio and artist statement for each included photographer, and will be entered in Blurb's annual Photo Book Now competition for 2012.
Deadline for Entries: October 1st, 2011
Notification of winners: October 21st, 2011
Publication of winning entries: November 1st, 2011
Publication of Book: Early 2012
1. Submit up to five images related to the theme My Own Wilderness. All formats are welcome including film, digital, color or B & W. If you send more than one image, they should all be part of a single series. Please do not send multiple images showing different interpretations of the theme.
2. Do not send large sized files. Please send files no more than 1000 pixels on the largest side, and set to 72 dpi resolution. Winners will be asked to send full sized files for book publication.
3. Please name your files with your own name like this... JaneSMITH_01 JaneSMITH_02 etc.
4. Send a short bio about yourself. Winners may be asked to elaborate on their bio for publication. Include link to your website or blog with your bio.
5. Send a brief statement describing how your images define My Own Wilderness. This statement is not a requirement for entry, but will definitely help your chances of selection.
6. By submitting images you are agreeing to allow publication of your work on PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE and in the Blurb photobook to be published in 2012. You retain all copyright and ownership of your work. All published work will identify you as the photographer.
7. There is no entry fee. Top five photographers will receive one free copy of the book. All photographers selected for book publication will be able to purchase the book at the author's price set by Blurb at the time of publication.
8. Winners will be selected by Christopher H. Paquette, Editor of PHOTO/arts MAGAZINE
9. Send Images, bio, and statement to: